Can I have Multiple Libraries to on 1 computer?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by multipod, Mar 10, 2007.

1. multipod macrumors newbie

I want to have a library for my daughter's ipod and one for mine on the same computer. I have been unable to figure out how to do this. Is there a way to have multiple libraries on the same computer? I am running windows XP with the latest version of itunes. She does not want my music in her library and I do not want hers in mine!

I found in a different place on the web that in itunes 7 you can hold down the shift key while opening itunes and it gives you the opportunity to then have a library per log on that you have setup in XP. I did it today and it worked.

Many thanks to those that responded.....I don't have to filter through my teenagers music any more!

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

To create or use a different iTunes library:

If iTunes is open, quit it.
    Hold down the Option (Mac) key while you open iTunes.
    In the dialog that appears, do one of the following:
    To create a new library, click Create Library.
    To choose a different library, click Choose Library.

From iTunes (7.1) Help... not sure what the key is in XP or even if this feature is enabled in the Windows version. Search the iTunes Help file for 'libraries'.

4. multipod thread starter macrumors newbie

Blue Velvet had the solution

I found in a different place on the web that in itunes 7 you can hold down the shift key while opening itunes and it gives you the opportunity to then have a library per log on that you have setup in XP. I did it today and it worked.

Many thanks to those that responded.....I don't have to filter through my teenagers music any more!