Can I purchase from other iTunes stores?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GregUofMN, Oct 30, 2005.

1. GregUofMN macrumors regular

I wandered over to iTunes Sweeden and noticed that they had some EP's that I would love to purchase. However, I live in Minneapolis and don't know if this will work. Can I purchase from other iTunes stores? I would go ahead and try it out, but I don't want to pay extra for that. If it is possible, how would .99Euros show up on my credit card?

Thanks,
    Greg

2. tsaxer macrumors regular

In my experience - no. I tried to purchase a song from iTunes Japan, but it wouldn't let me set up an account because I did not have a Japanese based credit card/ Bank account. Basicallt this is the mechanism iTunes uses to determine from where you are allowed to purchase music. The copyright laws and agreements are a mess, and vary from country to country, so I don't see international buying happening anytime soon.

Sorry, to be the bearer of bad news.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I'm pretty sure that you can't as copyright laws differ between countries. Apple has had to negotiate contracts with record labels in each country in which the iTMS operates.

As for €0.99 it would show up as the equivalent amount in US$ with an additional foreign currency conversion fee.

4. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Really suck, huh?

I can order CDs from anywhere in the world, but using iTunes I can't order a song even from the country right next to us.