Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GregUofMN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
I wandered over to iTunes Sweeden and noticed that they had some EP's that I would love to purchase. However, I live in Minneapolis and don't know if this will work. Can I purchase from other iTunes stores? I would go ahead and try it out, but I don't want to pay extra for that. If it is possible, how would .99Euros show up on my credit card?

Thanks,
Greg

tsaxer

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2004
Tuscaloosa, AL
In my experience - no. I tried to purchase a song from iTunes Japan, but it wouldn't let me set up an account because I did not have a Japanese based credit card/ Bank account. Basicallt this is the mechanism iTunes uses to determine from where you are allowed to purchase music. The copyright laws and agreements are a mess, and vary from country to country, so I don't see international buying happening anytime soon.

Sorry, to be the bearer of bad news.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
GregUofMN said:
I wandered over to iTunes Sweeden and noticed that they had some EP's that I would love to purchase. However, I live in Minneapolis and don't know if this will work. Can I purchase from other iTunes stores? I would go ahead and try it out, but I don't want to pay extra for that. If it is possible, how would .99Euros show up on my credit card?

Thanks,
Greg

I'm pretty sure that you can't as copyright laws differ between countries. Apple has had to negotiate contracts with record labels in each country in which the iTMS operates.

As for €0.99 it would show up as the equivalent amount in US$ with an additional foreign currency conversion fee.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Really suck, huh?

I can order CDs from anywhere in the world, but using iTunes I can't order a song even from the country right next to us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.