Can I receive text messages on my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Geffen, Mar 29, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Is there a way i can receive the text messages I get on my iphone 4 on my new iPad?

2. Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Actual SMS messages sent to your phone number from someone else's phone? No.

3. macrumors demi-god

thatoneguy82

Yep, you can't. Even though the carrier gives you a "number" SMS messages are usually blocked. The only "text" message you can get are iMessages that are sent to you via your iCloud ID.

4. macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I wish we could get text messages on iPad. Annoying. Maybe there's app that forwards them?

5. macrumors 65816

Not SMS messages but you can use imessenger which is like using yahoo or msn messenger except up I can only send messages to iPhones iPod touches and other iPads for now. Hopping that they build a client for Mac OSX soon

6. macrumors demi-goddess

LadyX

OS X Mountain Lion will have many new features. Messages is one of them, which will support the iMessage service.

7. macrumors 65816

Thank you for that update I had read that sometime back but forgot so thank you

8. macrumors 65816

Caliber26

JSYK, iMessages is currently available for download as a beta. I will say, though, that it has been less-than-great on Lion. Even on my iPad, sometimes iMessages won't all come in, and they only show up on my iPhone. It's a great concept, so I hope they work out all of their bugs soon.

----------

You can test it out now. No need to wait on Mountain Lion. :)

9. macrumors demi-goddess

LadyX

@Caliber26 Yes, I'm aware of that. I downloaded it as soon I knew that it was available for download :)