can I reinstall OSX Mail??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Jun 1, 2006.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

I'm still having problems with OSX mail. It crashes 5x/day, and this morning it wouldn't even recognize my .mac password???

Can I reinstall OSX Mail and start from scratch?? If so, where would I find it??

I have all the disks that came with the Titanium Powerbook G4.

Thanks.

Frank

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Come on, you've been around here long enough to know that it's very rarely the application itself that goes corrupt and causes problems (unless you've done some modifications to it).

Much more likely is the possibility that one of your mailboxes, preference file(s) or mail bundles are the culprit.

First: Make a complete backup of your ~/Library/Mail/ folder (and the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist file) onto a CD/DVD or external disk, then start looking for what is causing the problems...

4. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>Come on, you've been around here long enough to know that it's very rarely the application itself that goes corrupt and causes problems (unless you've done some modifications to it).

Much more likely is the possibility that one of your mailboxes, preference file(s) or mail bundles are the culprit.

First: Make a complete backup of your ~/Library/Mail/ folder (and the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist file) onto a CD/DVD or external disk, then start looking for what is causing the problems...<,

Well, I've done all of the above, except reinstall the program. Guess it's from my Window's days where it often IS the program that needs to be reinstalled.

Frank