Can i replace boards from eMac Geforce2MX with eMac ATI Radeon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sAmBaL BeLaCaN, Sep 26, 2004.

1. sAmBaL BeLaCaN macrumors member

Hi guys...

Just curious....wonder if i could replace Down converter, Logic Board of an old eMac GeForce2 (1st generation eMac) with the one from the boards (digital module) from the latest ATI Radeon eMac? Will it give any effect side ? Because I wanted to see how the processor works just by replacing the logic boards between another?

Another problem lies on my old eMac is at certain times, the screen appear goes up and keep goes up at certain minutes...and when I leave it shut down for an hour, it appears normal,but it come back again to gos up leaving an empty black space at the bottom. Any suggestions?

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Why would you want to do that? The logic board IS the computer, so you're not going to see any different between the two computers with a logic board swap other than basically just switching computers between monitors.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

All depends on how many other part you will need to change beside the logic board, since Apple has this habit of combining boards and parts on iMacs/eMacs -- which makes parts harder to swap between generations of the machines.

4. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I don't see why not, you could get some good performance from that kind of upgrade.