Can I return a brand new 15 GB iPod for a newer 20GB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GregUofMN, Jul 21, 2004.

1. GregUofMN macrumors regular

Nov 15, 2003
    Hey everyone--

I just got a 15GB iPod from Target as a wedding gift from my buddies. Anywho, I just got back from my honeymoon (in the Riviera Maya, Mexico) this afternoon and opened it pulled it out of the box a couple of hours ago and then I read the apple news on and they've got new 20GB models. Am I screwed to keep this one that is litterly hours out of the packaging or can I return it and upgrade it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....unless there is some kind of defect, it is very unlikely that any dealer would exchange for a new model...and even then, it is possibl;e it would get replaced with another "old" model if there were still some around. You could try, but I would not be very optimistic about it....oh yeah!

(oh - congrats on the wedding, and the iPod gift)
  3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    Well, since you got it from Target, you should have no problem returning it for credit and buying the new version.
  4. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

Feb 19, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    As long as you have your receipt you should be fine,I returned my 15GB iPod to Target right after the new ones were released...Didnt even have to pay for a restocking fee :cool:
  5. GregUofMN thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 15, 2003

I got it as a wedding gift from my buddies and of course, no reciept.
  6. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004

Hey, did they give you a Target "gift" receipt?
    I know when I shop at target, they gave out 2 recepts, the main one with the price and another one called a "Gift" recepit, that does not show the price, but still get the benefits of returning/exchanging the item at target. I don't know if they changed it, but its worth a try, ask your buddy if you got a gift receipt or maybe its stuck somewhere w/ the iPod box. :)
    Hope it helps, Paul