Can i return my iPod i just bought??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by prostuff1, Oct 12, 2005.

1. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I recently (about a week ago) bought a 20GB iPod and while i like it i would love to have the new one.

So can i return my old one for the new one.

Thanks

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Yes, within 14 days. They MIGHT charge you a restocking fee, but since its for an updated product, I almost doubt it.

3. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Im in the same boat. I bought a nano and its going to be here tommarow. I deffinatley want the new ipod instead so im going to ship mine back in exchange for the new ipod. Apple says you have 14 days past the purchase date to exchange it or get a refund. If it is opened they are going to charge you a 10% restocking fee unfortunatley.

Im trying to think of a reason for me to keep the nano and get the new ipod because I like both but I just cant think of any reason.

4. prostuff1 thread starter macrumors 65816

prostuff1

OK, thanks for the information!

Going to go and call apple right now.

Thanks

5. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

:)

6. Billly macrumors newbie

anyone know what happens after 14 days? can i return it and get store credit instead? nano < video ipod.

7. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

dunno, you could try calling apple's 800 number and see what they say. I wouldnt think they would let you though. Theyre kinda wierd. Let us know what happens.

8. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

yes and do it fast I think you should go black :D

9. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

nanos are small and sexy as hell you dont really want to watch videos on a tinny screen like that you do have a tv for that one. However ipod vids are very cool I think im getting one.

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

What I think is cool about the new iPods is that for only $50 more than the 4GB nano, you can get a 30GB video capable iPod that can really display photos.

But the tiny nano, so much more practical for everyday use/ exercising... :eek: Dagnabit. Wish I could have both! Hee.

11. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I think that you would be better putting the Nano on ebay and using a little profit to help you towards the 5G.

12. prostuff1 thread starter macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Well i called Apple and they did not have a problem with it but... then i reembered that i had a 50 dollar credit because of a previous incident and when i mentioned that the phone guy said that i could not get the new ipod for the price that i paid for the older one. I paid $220ish beofore tax for my current pod and he said that i could not upgrade for the same price. He said he was sorry and ended up crediting $20 to the credit card for the troblem of them not letting me get the new iPod.

Oh well, in the end i guess a 20GB color iPod for $200 not including tax is not bad.