Can I skip a Mac OS X upgrade?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by iNeed, Jun 13, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I have Snow Leopard. My MobileMe is dead at the end of the month. I was wondering if I can upgrade straight to Mountain Lion, when it comes out in July, or if I have to upgrade to Lion before going to Mountain Lion. If I can I'll just live without MobileMe and iCloud for a couple of days. If not then I'll want to upgrade to Lion now so that I can be ready for Mountain Lion.
    Let me know whatcha know
    Thanks in advance

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm fairly sure you can go straight to ML when it comes out. There's no technical reason why you cannot and I don't apple will prevent such upgrades.

3. macrumors member

Apple specifically said that you can update Snow Leopard directly to Mountain Lion as long as you have the Mac App Store.

Some one even created a thread on how they feel ripped off because SL users can upgrade to ML for only $20 where they paid $30 for Lion last summer and now have to pay another $20.

4. macrumors member

FFS that's his problem. . . . maybe because he understood what a crap lion is, while you and the rest of the dummy ones concentrate more on the looks of the dock back then when lion was released and even now also :D

5. macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

6. macrumors G4

So you joined this forum to hurl unprovoked personal attacks other members?

7. macrumors member

? ? ?

8. thread starter macrumors newbie