Can I sync bookmarks with OSX and Vista?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eyemacg5, Feb 15, 2007.

1. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

I would like to sync bookmarks on my Mac and Laptop, Mac OSX 10.4.8 and Windows Vista Ultimate, I have a wireless network running and both machines are connected the majority of the time. Also on the Mac I'm usin Firefox but on the laptop I'm using IE7. I suppose I could change to FF on the laptop i I need to but I like IE7 on Vista.

Thanks

Jake

2. Richard Flynn macrumors regular

If you’re prepared to switch to Firefox on your Windows machine, then this is very easy. There are two Firefox extensions I’d recommend: the first is Foxmarks, which syncs your bookmarks to a server on the Internet (you can use their server—it’s free to set up an account—or else your own server, if you’ve got one). Otherwise, you could use Google Browser Sync, which syncs not only your bookmarks, but your saved passwords, cookies, history, even browser state the last time you closed Firefox. So, on one machine you’ve got several tabs open, you close the browser, and the next time you open Firefox—on either machine, mind you—you are given the option to reopen all your tabs from your last session.

Regardless of which one of these extensions you choose, they would have to be installed on both machines. If you’ve never installed Firefox extensions before, I, or anyone else here (I’m sure), would be happy to give guidance on that, although it is really quite easy.

3. eyemacg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

eyemacg5