1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Can I sync my iPad Pages docs with Pages on my Mac?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Carl Sagan, Jan 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

Well? Been looking around and can't see anything which says I can, anyone know?

2. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

U can use the cloud or iWork.com

3. macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

So I can start a doc on my Mac, sync to iCloud then edit on an iPad on the go?

4. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Correct

5. macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

There is no real connectivity between the two apps at the moment, but I would expect the Mac Pages application to have full iCloud integration in the future, it seems a no-brainer.

6. macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

How can there be no real connectivity yet be able to sync between them both!?

7. macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

You can't sync between the two.
    You can save the file on your Mac, open up Safari, login to iCloud and then drag the file from it's location into the browser window, but that's not what I would call a sync.

8. macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

That's a bit crap and quite far from Apples professed vision of simplicity...

9. macrumors 65816

Sosumi