Can I tag iTMS songs for future purchase?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by SuperChuck, May 17, 2005.

1. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

I'd really like to be able to quickly tag music I discover while I'm browsing the iTMS so that I can remember to buy it later. The best I can come up with is copying the iTMS links and pasting them in a doc, but that's a real hassle. I even checked in Automator, but there doesn't seem to be an action for copy iTMS url (which is a pretty big omission, IMHO).

It would be really great if they added a "wish list" feature, too.

Anybody know an easy way to do these things?

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

there is kind of a solution..

create a playlist in itunes - i call mine 'itms wishlist'

when you're browsing a song you like, select the song and drag it into the playlist. you'll see what happens. :)

hope this helps!

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The easiest way I've found is to select the Shopping Cart method in the store pane of the preferences. You can then buy individual items from the cart by clicking on the buy icon next to them, so the cart can hold your wish list. The only problem is that, unless this has recently changed, I do not think you can highlight multiple items from the cart, and buy those items (but not all the others) in one click.

The other thing you can do is to make a playlist, and then drag the song from the iTMS into the playlist. It will not buy the song -- rather, it should put the preview of the song in the playlist. From the playlist, you can then use the grey arrow to get back to the song in the store.

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Don't they have a shopping cart thing you could use?

5. shambolic macrumors regular

As far as I know, your best options are:

• Use the shopping cart. In recent versions of iTunes, if you have multiple items in the cart, you can purchase individual items from the list by clicking on the "Buy Song" links next to each track. You're no longer required to buy the whole list, as was the case in earlier versions.
    • Create a new playlist called wishlist (or whatever). Drag iTMS songs into this playlist, and you'll be able to play the 30 second previews from there until you're ready to finally buy the song, at which point you can click on Add Song from the playlist to move it to your cart.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Well, at least we all made exactly the same suggestions, so none of us are missing a better way! :rolleyes: *yells Jinx* :D

7. shambolic macrumors regular

If it wasn't for looking up how to do a bulleted list, I'd have had you all beat! :D

On the other hand, that last post just got me elevated from newbie to member, so just this once I won't beat myself up too much about being so slow... :)

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Congratulations! :)

9. SuperChuck thread starter macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

Thanks everybody.

The playlist trick was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

(I love MacRumors)

10. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero