Can I transfer music from my iphone to itunes on another computer.?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikums1112, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

Hi was wondering if someone can help me out. Currently I have iTunes on my Mac Laptop which I transfered to my iPhone. I have a pc and want to transfer all my songs from my iPhone onto iTunes on my pc, is that possible?

Thanks in advanced

2. macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/

I have used this before and it works fairly well.

3. macrumors member

4. macrumors 6502

anything thats free?

5. macrumors 6502

Open iTunes on the pc. Plug iphone in. Click on your device in the column on the left. Check 'back up to this computer'. Enjoy.

Next click on icloud and sync you backups there.

Lastly, you can always transfer your songs to a cloud service like sugarsync, dropbox or gdrive, assuming you have less than 5gb of songs. Then you can access your songs anywhere, on any device, at any time.

6. macrumors newbie

Once I have downloaded it to the computer "back up to this computer" how to I access the songs I download. I open it through my computer and it just gives me a page saying do not delete or edit these files bec they may be important to HP backup. So even though theyre backed up where are they located. Thanks

7. macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

8. macrumors G4

Small White Car

Hook up the 2 computers with ethernet (or use a USB hard drive) and transfer the files from one computer to the other. (Using a Google search to make sure you get them put in the right folders for iTunes to find.)

I'm not sure why everyone always rushes to suggest clumsy iPhone-transfer solutions. Seems needlessly complicated to me.

9. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yup, people want NFC in their phones but have no idea what an external hard drive or files path are.

10. macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

Can't you just go to your iTunes library folder in your Mac and copy all your music to an external HD, then move them to your pc? I was able to do this when I had a pc and I took all my mp3's from the iTunes folder and put them on my mac and imported them all into iTunes.

11. macrumors newbie

I didn't know this existed!

Thanks a ton for this.

12. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Seems needlessly complicated to me, if you have music on your PC just dump it on an external drive and transfer it over, using the phone as the bridge is overthinking the process.

13. macrumors 65816

decafjava

Permit me to say: this! ^^^

14. macrumors regular

Home Sharing

If both computers are on the same network, then activate home sharing in iTunes and you can copy music over from one to the other. That is what we do here at home.

15. macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I was going to say that when I saw this thread.

16. macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I've used senuti (itunes spelled backwards) to do this from iPods to computers, not sure if it will work for the iPhone

17. macrumors 68020

+1 for Senuti. It worked flawlessly for me a couple years ago when I transferred the music on my iPod to my MBP.

18. macrumors regular

Thanks. Useful info

19. macrumors newbie

I was able to do this when I had a pc and I took all my mp3's from the iTunes folder and put them on my mac and imported them all into iTunes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.