can i use a ps2 controller on my powermac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mackaveli, Jun 8, 2005.

1. mackaveli macrumors regular

May 1, 2005
    is it possible to use the ps2 controller for my powermac? if so what kind of a device do i need and can i find it at bestbuy/futureshop or radioshack?

2. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Dec 9, 2004
    Yes, you need a USB adapter. Probably you'd have to buy it online, I'd guess. A google search would turn up lots of sites you could order it from I'm sure.

3. MrCommunistGen macrumors regular

Mar 14, 2004
    "Wherever you go, there you are..."
    When you say ps2 I assume you mean Playstation 2 and not p/s2 which is a wintel connector for input devices. Anyway... you can also get USB PS2 lookalike controllers from 3rd parties... a friend of mine has one from Logitech I think.
    Good Luck!

4. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2004
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    there are USB adapters out there that will do it...

I use an original "duke" XBox controller (Best.Controller.Ever) on my Powerbook through a USB adapter that I bought for $10 online... found the drivers online, then im up and runnin! :D
  5. brap macrumors 68000

May 10, 2004
    I use one of these. Just plug it in, no fiddling around.
  6. cubist macrumors 68020

Jul 4, 2002
    Muncie, Indiana
    I have the lik-sang, and it works great. You do need USB Overdrive or some similar software. A similar device is available at Radio Shack. (I also have a similar adaptor for Game Cube controllers.)
  7. slagonnee macrumors member

Apr 28, 2005
    I have used the Radio Shack model and it seems to work fine. Only use it with MacMAME, so nothing too complex in terms of key config...