Can I zoom a window in mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tjcampbell, Jan 11, 2007.

1. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Hello, I find mail messages tough to read and compose. I don't want to type in gigantic fonts so I'm hoping to find a way to zoom the page like one would in word.
    Is there a simple trick I'm missing out on? I am aware of the ctrl + trackpad zoom trick but that does the entire screen and isn't really efficient or crisp for this sort of thing.

Cheers, Tom

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Click in the message field and press CMD + to make it larger.

CMD - (minus) to shrink it.

Does it work?

3. tjcampbell thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

It works awesome on messages that I am viewing. It will also work when I am composing as long as I highlight all the text. Is this changing the font size when composing or is this a straight zoom feature? Either way it's cool and thank you!

Cheers, Tom

4. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

it's changing the actual font size- if you open up the fonts and colors window while doing this you can watch the font size increasing. The only ways I can think of to do a simple zoom in while composing are full-screen zooms. In other words, simply changing your resolution to something lower, or (assuming you have universal access on) pressing apple-option-+ to zoom in the entire screen (apple-option-minus zooms out again).