1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Can Imac G4 800mhz 17 inch Run 1gb&256mb ram?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by angelxbites, Jun 9, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

i was told itcant bkuz the limit is 1gb but 250mb isnt much more..and i dont want to dig into the "dome" because last time i did the computer wouldnt boot just beep 3 times and stay black then i fixed it..so can it? plz help:) thank you
    ps im going through all this trouble to install mac os x leopard

2. macrumors P6

Intell

You won't find a 1Gb ram stick for that iMac. They never made them that big. The most you could do is 512Mb in both slots.

3. macrumors newbie

4. macrumors 68040

666sheep

It won't. It's DDR2, iMac G4 800 uses PC100 or PC133 SDRAM.

5. macrumors P6

Intell

That is the wrong kind for your iMac. You need PC-133.

6. macrumors newbie

7. macrumors P6

Intell

8. macrumors newbie

okay Thankz ALOT ..one more thing please..http://www.amazon.com/Generic-512-M...8IKV/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1307653512&sr=8-4
    how about this one its cheaper..and my moms already not to happy bout wasting 25 on os x leopard then 20 more on mac shes a cheapstake i know ha:)
    or should i just stick with your link? thanks alot again this is my first mac so i guess yea im a noob to macs:)

9. macrumors P6

Intell

Your link is the inside ram stick and mine is the outside ram stick. You can get either of them or both for the maximum of 1Gb.

10. macrumors newbie

ok thankz alot im going to buy the one you suggested..in your opinion would my mac run not superfast but acceptable with 768 Ram? on leopard

11. macrumors P6

Intell

It should run pretty well for a 8 year old computer.

12. macrumors 68030

fhall1

Didn't believe me over in the other forum eh?