Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huskyte

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
Dottikon (CH)
I also confirm this CCK to work with CF flawlessly. Apple is hopeless when it comes to professional photography, they better get into gear. This little gadget is perfect, nice work!

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
My iPad 2 with camera kit downloads and displays Nikon NEF (RAW) files along with jpegs if you use them. No additional software required!

Sounds great! My Nikon D90 will be happy. :) I didn't expect NEF support for some reason.

lsohne

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2011
Yes, it can

For uploads, the Camera Connection Kit works fine. There is software called RawConverter that claims to convert some raw formats to tiff. I don't know what it supports.

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
I don't mind if it doesn't support RAW files but it would be sweet to shoot in RAW+JPEG and have the jpegs viewable instantly but still be able to import the RAW files off the iPad onto my Mac when I got home.

If it did that then I wouldn't need to take my laptop on holidays.

You actually want to shoot RAW with iPad's pathetic camera?

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
You actually want to shoot RAW with iPad's pathetic camera?

He's talking about transferring photos taken in RAW from his DSLR to his iPad so he can view them while on vacation. Then still having the RAW files for when he gets home and can process them on his computer.

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
He's talking about transferring photos taken in RAW from his DSLR to his iPad so he can view them while on vacation. Then still having the RAW files for when he gets home and can process them on his computer.

To me, that quote read that he/she wants to shoot JPG+RAW and then import from iPad to Mac at home.

Fandongo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Space
I also confirm this CCK to work with CF flawlessly. Apple is hopeless when it comes to professional photography, they better get into gear. This little gadget is perfect, nice work!

I couldn't believe the ipad 2, doubling in power...but not functionality

It's a computer. Yet to run DSLR apps, you have to set up an additional computer between the two. Outrageous!

If the ipad 3 or iphone 5 don't have support for raw/monitoring/controlling a DSLR, we are trapped in a sad world.

mentos123

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2011
There are several now

There are several raw converters for the iPad now. Try a Google search.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
What annoys me is that there is no CF Card adapter. Also I think the base model should have had 64GB, since you can get the iphone with 32GB.

The iPhone has a higher base price than the iPad. It only seems cheaper because of carrier subsidization.

mentos123

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2011
Sounds great! My Nikon D90 will be happy. :) I didn't expect NEF support for some reason.

There isn't any NEF support. All you see is a large version of the thumbnail. If you shoot NEF and JPEG simultaneously, then I expect you will get what you want. I have a D100 and there is no option to shoot both JPEG and NEF. The answer for me is to convert losslessly without losing the original RAW file. There are several apps that do that. Do a Google search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.