can iphoto be used for scanning?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swingerofbirch, Mar 14, 2006.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

Oct 24, 2003
    The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Hi everybody!

I recently acquired a rather nice scanner, a CanoScan 9900F. It connects via Firewire to my eMac.

The software it comes with is Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 and then a plug in. So I go to file--> import--->then pick the scangear plug in and scan the image.

Ok, so I do that and I have an image in PSD format. So I use the save for web option and save it as a JPG for my website at the highest quality. Then since I saved it that way, the untitled original file is still there that I need to close and it asks me if I want to save it. Then I bring the files into iPhoto, so that I can do auto-enhance and quickly put them online.

I am wondering if there is a faster way to do this, can either iPhoto or Image Capture work directly with scanners? Or is there another app that would work more quickly so that I could do a bunch in a row really fast? Thanks.
  2. MattyMac macrumors 68000

Oct 6, 2005
    I have an hp scanner and I put the software from that on my powerbook. When I scan a picture, a small window called hp image dropper pops up with my picture and iphoto opens simultaneously. The hp image dropper window says to drag the picture into iphoto. Once I drag the scanned item into iphoto, the hp image dropper closes. Process Complete! - Simple as that. So if your printer came with any software, give that a try. Its very easy.
  3. iPhil macrumors 68040

Image capture is an app for scanners/digital cameras build-in :eek:

most current scanners/cameras will work with Image Capture