Can iTunes "re-get" all your cover art?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EmptyG, Mar 6, 2007.

1. EmptyG macrumors regular

Hello all :)

I saw that iTunes can download missing cover album art, which is very cool. The problem is almost all of my library has cover art, just not the sweet quality that iTunes has.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have iTunes replace any art that I have with the nice iTunes images? Some of mine are as low as 200x200 and it really shows in the new fullscreen option for cover flow.

Thanks! :)

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i think you have to delete the existing art and then iTunes will do it's thing.

3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Make sure you save/keep your old album art though, incase iTunes doesn't have it in its database.

4. EmptyG thread starter macrumors regular

OK so here are the inevitable questions...

- How do you mass delete the artwork? Just select all and mark the art as blank?

- How do you back up the old artwork

:)

5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I guess selecting all and deleting the art work would work.

I'm not sure how to back it up. I mean, you could view it large and do a screen shot, but that would take too long. :p

6. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Maybe Doug's iTunes scipts has something that does that...

7. unsolvedmistere macrumors member

You can always try deleting the folder containing the artwork which is located in the iTunes folder. But I'll let you try that ;)

8. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

It would be sweet if iTunes could do all this automatically. It's something I;ve been thinking about since coverflow was brought to the masses. iTunes 7.2 please!:)

9. tammy418 macrumors member

Remember what the above posters said about making a copy of your artwork just in case iTunes doesn't have it...

To delete your album artwork...just select all you music (cmd-a), get info (cmd-i) and check the check box for artwork (should be empty and click ok.