Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Hmmm. It says good things about it until the middle of the page, then it goes off into some clone rant and blah blah blah. Newsfactor has good stories most of the time, but I don't always trust them when they report about Apple.

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
Yes it can, but only temporarily. IMHO, a serious upgrade in hardware will need to take place before Apple can really lure in those PC users to switch to the Mac. ;)

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
I personally don't think Apple needs saving but Jaguar will definately bring them up higher on the ladder. If we get the hardware, we'll eventually have the best computer company. Actually, we already have the best computer company but we need more money

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
a couple quotes stand out

"Apple has been all but forced out of the business and educational markets"...

is that really true? i thought the edu market was pretty decent for macs...... and getting better?

"If Apple insists on using its operating systems to sell hardware, Enderle said, it probably would be better off bundling the OS with the hardware."

hmm..... you're saying that the os doesn't come with macs? you're an idiot

" In fact, Giga has predicted that OS X is helping to drive Apple's market share further downward, toward 2 percent. "And then," Enderle noted, "it becomes hard to take them as a serious vendor." "

ahhhh yes..... os x pushing it down..... hmmmm.

some people might leave cause os 9 is going away... but that's not apple's fault, it's the developers. plus, i think many more folks are coming over due to x... ahh well

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
a couple quotes stand out

"Apple has been all but forced out of the business and educational markets"...

is that really true? i thought the edu market was pretty decent for macs...... and getting better?

"If Apple insists on using its operating systems to sell hardware, Enderle said, it probably would be better off bundling the OS with the hardware."

hmm..... you're saying that the os doesn't come with macs? you're an idiot

" In fact, Giga has predicted that OS X is helping to drive Apple's market share further downward, toward 2 percent. "And then," Enderle noted, "it becomes hard to take them as a serious vendor." "

ahhhh yes..... os x pushing it down..... hmmmm.

some people might leave cause os 9 is going away... but that's not apple's fault, it's the developers. plus, i think many more folks are coming over due to x... ahh well

I had a go at exactly those points plus more on the site but as for people leaving because of OS 9 going... I think it is unlikely. There are still people running OS 7 because they believe it to be the greatest, most stable OS of all time.... in the same way, people can continue to use OS 9 but they will be the minority.

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
I was starting to miss the age old Apple is doomed speculation...glad to see someone out there still thinks a company with zealous users, great financials, and granny friendly UNIX needs saving.

Now, if the stock would just hit $13 my buy order would take....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.