Can Macs host UT04 mutators (1v1 LAN)?

Discussion in 'Games' started by nagromme, Sep 1, 2004.

1. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I have lots of UT04 (not '03) mutators that ALL work great on BOTH my Macs--for single player!

But for 1v1 LAN play, almost none work. Either Mac is OK as host... and the other is allowed to join, but gets no mutators (other than UT's built-in ones). Sometimes that means they get no weapons at all.

I know about putting what the ReadMe says into ServerPackages. Still no luck. And these ARE multiplayer mutators--the Readmes say so, and some I've even played online as client.

I've made sure the muts are installed on both Macs--right in the app package, which I copied from one Mac to the other so they're both sure to have the same files.

Is hosting (non built-in) mutators something Macs just can't do yet? Anyone here have luck with that?

Examples I want to host: Ejection, Chute, Gibalicious II, Arkon Weapons. They don't work. InstaVape and Excessive Overkill 3 DO work. Go figure.

Any help is appreciated... I'm getting ready to have friends over for 1v1 and have been pulling my hair out over this for weeks. I asked at Macologist and Atari and turned up nothing so far.

TIA!

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

You might want to check to make sure UT is set to download files from hosting servers... usually it will... for instance skins and extra models used in the current server are usually downloaded if you don't have them... I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work.

3. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

That's an avenue to think about, but I don't think it's a download issue, since both machines already HAVE the mutators in question. Also, when I play online, I do receive downloads OK. And on LAN I've tested hosting a map one machine lacks, and it receives the map over the LAN OK.

4. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Hmm... not sure... and I won't be able to test it for a few days... but I'll get back to ya if I can.