Can my iPod Touch and iPad run iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MisakixMikasa, Aug 27, 2013.

1. MisakixMikasa, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013

macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

I brought last year, it is larger than my old iPod touch which I brought few years ago. Will it run iOS 7? I also have large iPad, will it run iOS 7, my brother brought for me this year, the screen is not as clear as his and it is bit lighter than his. Also I cannot get Siri working on this iPad anybody know why?

2. macrumors regular

I think your talking about the iPod touch 5g yes it will run ios 7 and the iPad your talking about is iPad 2 I think and that will run ios 7 too

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Thank you. It is good to know.... I know nothing about computers...by the way, I see lots of people here already have iOS 7, is it out? And what is beta everybody talking about? If it is out, why I cannot receive update ?

4. macrumors 603

Tyler23

It is not out. Only developers have access to the betas. The public release will be in the next month or so.

On both devices, go to Settings, General, About - that will help tell what model iPod Touch and iPad you have. There are 4 generations of "big" iPads, and not all of them will get iOS 7. Also, only the most recent iPod touch will get iOS 7, so it is hard to tell you without knowing what versions you have.

5. macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

Yes, judging from your description, the larger iPod Touch would be 5th generation and it will be compatible with iOS 7. For the larger iPad, since your brother brought this year and it cannot get Siri, it might be iPad 2. And yes, iPad will get iOS 7.

As for iOS 7. It is not publicly available yet. It is out for developer to test the OS and fix their applications on iOS 7. You kneed wait for September release

6. macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Well the iPad is definitely an iPad 2 by the sounds of it, and that supports iOS 7, although it might not support iOS 8.
    The iPod touch sounds like a 5th Gen, but just to check: at the bottom left corner on the back, is there a button that can be pressed to attach a wrist strap? If not, it's not going to be supported by iOS 7.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Yes, I didn't even noticed that buttom... and I didn't have the clue of the thing came with iPod Touch... Thank You....

8. macrumors 603

Is the back of your iPod touch reflective / shiny?

9. macrumors 6502

If you mean that he bought you the iPad this year, and that was from an authorized Apple Reseller (or Apple themselves)... then it is an iPad 2 or newera and will receive iOS7.

If you mean the he bRought you the iPad... it might be an iPad 1 and will not be getting iOS 7. ... check settings --> General --> about and google your model number(s).

10. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Just remembered very simple way to tell if it's an iPad 1 or not -- iPad 1 had no camera. Every iPad from 2 on has cameras. So if your iPad has cameras (front and back), it's a 2 or above, and you can get iOS 7 on it. If no camera, it's an iPad 1. iPad 1 never even got iOS 6, and it won't be getting iOS 7 -- it's stuck at iOS 5.

11. macrumors regular

Can you make a thread with a proper, understandable title?

12. macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Lulz

Attached Files:

13. macrumors 603

Did it ever occur to you that English is not everyone's first language?

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

LOL to that...

15. macrumors regular

Her english is not so poor, so she could've wrote a better title yes