can my superdrive handle this....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by g30ffr3y, Jan 3, 2003.

1. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

hey guys... ive been loading my cd collection into my new gig powerbook... its probably 400 cds or so... i did 100 within two days... but now im a little afraid to go further that im burning out my drive... can this drive handle this "abuse" or am i just being paranoid... i dont want to have to use applecare within a month of my purchase... thanks...

gig powerbook gig ram
    933 powermac 768 ram

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

There's no reason it should have any problem. Sure you're putting a lot of wear on the drive, but that's not going to ruin it anytime soon... Macs are built to handle this kind of thing.

And if you *are* going to burn out the drive, you should definitely do it while on applecare ;)

pnw

3. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Yeah paulwhannel is right on this one, if the superdrives weren't meant to be used then whats the point in having one eh?:D Have fun, and if something happens the Applecare will take care of it for you.

4. g30ffr3y thread starter macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

thanks guys... thats what i figured... a 3000 computer should be able to import a couple hundred cd's... i just didnt want to do any damage...

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

get applecare my friend and a nice case.i had this doctor come in, he acidently hit his tibook of his work table and hit the ground. thing was so f***ed up, iwas so sad, almost a tear. instead of fixing it i ended up just selling him a brand new one. moral of this story is to buy applecare and a case, and put rubber grips on your tibook if you like to fling your hands around your desk.

iJon