Can none Apple Keyboards and Mice be used with Macs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AppleStrudle, Feb 10, 2004.

1. AppleStrudle macrumors newbie

Newbie type question :)

Can I use a none Apple USB keyboard or mouse with a Mac (specifically an iBook)?

Thanks
    Paul

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. Chmeeee macrumors member

Yeap, you can use a non Mac mouse no problem, the right mouse button will even work as a right mouse button should. I am using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer (too many words for one name) right now, works great! I couldn't stand not having a scroll wheel or a second mouse button when I switched, never mind the third, fourth, and fifth.

4. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

You can also use your Mac keyboard and mouse with PCs, which is what I do, although I do use a PC mouse because it has more buttons and so is easier for games.

On Macs, the Windows button becomes the Apple button, if you use a PC keyboard.

5. laserbeahm macrumors member

I have a USB mouse by Kensington that I use on my G4 tower. The scroll wheel comes in handy. I also use it for the right-click funtions. I use an Apple Pro Mouse for my iBook. I was thinking about getting a differnt one though because the cable isn't long enough.