Can not publish to YouTube from iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psychonaut, Sep 26, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Need some help here please. No matter what I try doing I can not publish videos to YouTube from my iPhone 5.

I have a 3min video and going into my photo album from the iPhone I select the publish to YouTube option. I have logged into my account, it prepares the video and says its starting the upload but then fails with the error "Could not publish"

If I log in to YouTube from my desktop I can see the video in my pending videos but of course it has not been uploaded so its only the title not the content.

I am doing this all over WiFi and trying to upload in HD.

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

FYI - After doing a lot of searching I fixed this problem.

Strange solution - film a very short video (3 seconds) and upload via the iPhone which worked!

From there I am able to upload any other video including the 3min video I was having issues with.

3. macrumors newbie

I'm having this issue on my Verizon iPhone 5. Everything I try to upload, no matter what length, HD or standard. I get a "Could not publish _____ to YouTube" box.

4. macrumors newbie

The same here. I tried on iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and alwas the same "Could not publish!".