Can OS X be put on an Intel-based Tablet PC?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iHeartTheApple, Apr 1, 2006.

1. iHeartTheApple macrumors 6502

Feb 13, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Ok, this is probably a really stupid question, but all this "XP on the intel macs" discussion has got me to thinking, can we now put OS X on a pc? :eek: I'm not at all interested in doing this to get ahold of a regular pc or for the shock/novelty value. Trust me, I'm more that happy with my PB...

The reason I ask, is because there is still no tablet mac and I feel that I could really benefit from a tablet form-factor. So, can it be done? Would I be able to put OS X on a sexy little Motion LS800? :D I know that Linux has been put on tablets in the past, but I haven't heard anything about OS X.

Of course it would be so much easier to just have an iTablet, but for now that continues to be nothing more than a wish of mine. :p Anyways, I look forward to hearing what you all have to say...:)
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....even *if* someone hacked OS X to run on this tablet it is against Apple's EULA to install OS X on anything other than Apple-branded hardware....oh yeah!
  3. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Jan 30, 2006
    anser is yes, and it will work to some degree but drivers will be a issue. try os x project for more info. for any other questions. Apple forceing os x onto apple only hardware isnt allways a good thing cos it stops fun projects like this and people the people that build computers into whisky bottles and stuff.