Can Pages templates be used in Word?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jessearl, Mar 13, 2005.

1. jessearl macrumors member

Is there a way to port/transfer the Pages templates to Word so that I can use them there and so that other users of Word can have access to them?

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Well you can load up one of the templates in Pages then Export it to Word

Of course the Word version doesn't appear the same

3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Hmm, I read a review of Pages that said that the export to Word function worked flawlessly. Is this not the case? Note: I haven't tried it myself, I was just hoping that you knew from experience. :confused:

4. Bear macrumors G3

Exporting templates and documents are two very different operations. Apple has said documents will work. They said nothing about templates.

5. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Exactly, I'm using Pages for my word proccessing work to test it out and my documents have come out working in Word and looking pretty much the same

The thing with templates is that they were designed for Pages so Pages has a feature or two that the templates need to show it properly

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I just tried it. Exported "Redwoods" template to "documents". Opened Word and opened "other">documents>exported template. It displays differently, but with font adjustments, seems to be functional.
    X

7. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Thanks for the replies guys. I just want to be able to export documents such as typed reports and whatnot. Looks like I should be able to do that fine. Thanks again. :)