Can Parallels Sync a Palm Pilot et al.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kindadukish, Aug 7, 2006.

1. kindadukish macrumors newbie

Some simple questions, and possibly too dumb for this forum, and for that I apologize in advance.

1) If I get Parallels, will I be able to sync my Palm Pilot with Palm Desktop via USB in Windows XP, as I do now on my Dell laptop? Or will things get confused and the Mac OS will try to sync with it also? Anyone have any experience with this?

I just bought a Macbook. For the past 5 years I've been in the Windows world. I've been fiddling with Address Book and iCal. They're ok, but on balance I think I prefer the Windows version of Palm Desktop, which I use constantly. I checked out the Mac version of Palm Desktop and I don't like it as much.

I'm also thinking of getting Parallels because I have years of data in Quicken and it looks like a nightmare to move that over the Mac.

2) Also, I see OEM copies of Windows XP on eBay for $80 or so. Assuming they are legit copies, will they work with Parallels, or do I need the absurdly expensive retail version.

Thanks

Paul D.

2. DocVT macrumors member

For what it is worth, I am able to sync my PocketPC with Parallels. I had no USB confusion - it worked seamlessly, just as if I were doing on my old Sony Vaio. Parallels has been very stable and all that worked on the Vaio still works under Parallels. Good luck.