Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pker886

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
I have an iphone 4s from att, anyone know is the pay as you go plan working for iphone 4s?

I want to get the $50 plan, unlimited text call and date. Is it working for iphone 4s?

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2003
I have an iphone 4s from att, anyone know is the pay as you go plan working for iphone 4s?

I want to get the $50 plan, unlimited text call and date. Is it working for iphone 4s?

You don't get visual voicemail or higher data speeds, but it will work. Just make sure you take your SIM Card out if you ever call them for support because they can detect if it's an iPhone and they'll yell at you about it.

It's better to use postpaid service but unfortunately they've made it very expensive. Be careful about your data usage, as well.

pker886

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
You don't get visual voicemail or higher data speeds, but it will work. Just make sure you take your SIM Card out if you ever call them for support because they can detect if it's an iPhone and they'll yell at you about it.

It's better to use postpaid service but unfortunately they've made it very expensive. Be careful about your data usage, as well.

So can the prepaid plan have 3g on iphone?

Saileshbreaker

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2011
In my country, both prepaid & postpaid have the same features, just the rates are different. Both works on the 4s :)

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
I use a prepaid over here in Sweden, works a treat. Free internet, free tethering, free sms/mms, only phone calls is what costs money, and it's a prepay card.. which is really good! You only get this benefit for 30days for $30, so you need to pay 30 every 30days to keep it going, though you can still use those 30 to call etc which is great.. better than having bills coming up :p

And it's as fast as without a prepaid sim..

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
I got a t-mobile card here in the UK - £10 (~$15) for a year's 3G data (500mb/month), after that I just pay for calls when I need them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.