can resolution in imovie3 be reduced to 800-600

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rrichy, Nov 10, 2004.

1. rrichy macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2004
    i have a problem with updated software will only run 1024-768,
    my movies and projector is 800-600 only and when i updated to panther imovie 3 wont let me run 800-600
    so im asking is there a way to still run my old projector at 800-600 with imovie 3? help!
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Change your resolution, or produce the movie

Have you tried setting your display to 800-600 before trying to play your movie through the projector. And why are you playing them with iMovie. Why not produce them into a mpeg, and use Mplayer or VLC to play the movie at full screen.
  3. rrichy thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2004
    imovie 3 wont open unless the screen is 1024
    and im i friend helping a group that uses imovie so i dont know why certian things are
    but im one who will go for help like i am now any suggestions are takin to them.
    im leaving for work now any suggestions are a big help
    thank you
    ill check back in the morning
    all previous movies are in 800-600 because the old lightware projector will only play 800-600 the people runing it are mainly pc users does that answer any Q.?lol
    about changing to 800 right before we play movie-no we havnt tried that at least i dont think he has, ill ask thanks
    i would like to know more about playing as mpeg too because they take up 11gig just for a 1hr30min movie right now!
  4. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    Are you trying to simply play a movie that is already composed? If so, iMovie creates a preview mov file that is found in your project folder, should be near the iMovie project file. The mov preview file can be played in quickTime, allowing for an 800x600 projection (the preview file is not a self contained movie, it is dependent on the resources used in your project).

You could also export your movie to the desktop, creating a self contained movie. The self contained movie could then be played through the quickTime player.