Can RM files convert to MPG or MOV???

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by teabgs, Mar 17, 2002.

1. macrumors 68030

teabgs

I HATE real player. I like tv shows that are RM files online. If I download them can I then convert them to either MPG or MOV? If so what should I use for OS9?

Thanx

2. macrumors 68020

Beej

Nothing I now of will do what you're asking. But there probably is some verly long and extremely complicated way to do it...

3. macrumors 65816

yes there's a screen capture app for PCs that will record at fast enough framerate and will supposedly also record the soundtrack...there's probably an expensive mac equivalent (the pc app is free) but yes its complicated and it crashes a lot. not worth it unless you're *really* itching to convert stuff

4. macrumors member

It's called Snapz Pro. I recorded some LOTR clips (streaming) with that. Audio only works in OS 9 though (and in Classic).

5. macrumors 68020

Beej

Really? My Quicksilver came with Snapz Pro x installed... it's nowhere near fast enough to record video. I get about 3 fps!

6. thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

is it free and easy to use?

7. macrumors 65816

Taft

MediaCleaner

Discreet Software's Cleaner can convert files from just about any format to just about any format.

Only problem is that it costs an arm and a leg. $599 to be exact. Ouch.

Matthew

8. macrumors 68030

Hemingray

No, Snapz Pro isn't free, although it does have a full-feature trial period. If you want my opinion, capture the streaming video & audio in OS 9 using the classic version of Snapz Pro. Don't try it in OS X (Snapz Pro X), you'll get a totally unacceptable framerate.

9. macrumors 65816

evildead

Re: MediaCleaner

Is that the same as Cleaner 5.0??

Just wondering.

Its kinda funny... I was trying to convert realPlayer movies over to Quick time my self last night. I want to take all of the First 5 seasons of SouthPark and make VCD's out of them... but... I guess I need some more stuff to do it with..