Can somebody recommend a quality gaming website or magazine?

Discussion in 'Games' started by samuelturri, Oct 17, 2005.

1. samuelturri macrumors newbie

Oct 17, 2005
    Does anybody out there remember Next Generation? This was a magazine that took a more mature look at the gaming industry.

Personally, I'm tired of IGN. I'm tired of seeing piles of ads and "news stories" based around sexual imagery. I don't want to pay for high res video of E3 "booth babes".

I want to keep informed with the latest in the gaming industry, but I don't want to be blinded by ads or bombarded with "booth babes". Does anybody have any recommendations for a magazine or web site?

EDIT: Well, what do you know...
  2. bokdol macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    i like to go to

they have good videos of upcoming games... not really rumors.. but known preproduction games.
  3. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2003
    New Jersey USA
    For mac games, try They have reviews and news of MAC related games and events, etc.

While not current for the PC world, if you want good info on the Mac version it is an excellent site.

Disclaimer: I am a reviewer for the website. I am not an employee, but an independent reviewer.
  4. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Edge game magazine is pretty much the only remaining classy gaming mag, next to;
    Zero. I think its called. very expensive, very stylish magazine. perfectly unbiased, although they do have a love of gameplay which doesn't include a whole lot of sports and racing games. big Zelda games. whereas most mags focus on graphics in these sad sad days.
  5. stutz macrumors member

Jan 19, 2005
  6. Kernow macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2005
    I'll second Edge, but I'm not sure of the international availability - I think it's just a UK mag. They are famously tough reviewers, and have only ever given four (I think) games the top mark of 10/10. There's lots of retro gaming stuff and it seems to be the only gaming magazine I have read which is written by intelligent adults with opinions rather than by simply copying and pasting press releases.