Can someone clear something up for me?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by YoYoMac, Jan 24, 2006.

1. YoYoMac macrumors regular

YoYoMac

Can someone give me the low down on the difference between the screen quailities of a 17" and a 20" iMac. I owned a 20" rev b for a short time and was very impressed with the screen. I want to know if the 17" screen is just as nice except smaller. I noticed that the brightness and contrast ratios were a little lower, but how much does that affect the quality? I'm interested in saving 500 bucks by going with the 17". I travel a lot so the 20" is a little big.

Thanks in advanced.

2. ericschmerick macrumors regular

ericschmerick

I also noticed in the apple store that hte 17 inch seemed less bright, and particularly less contrasty, than the 20 inch. But beyond that, I'm not much help.

However, I did see a post that Amazon is offering the imac for direct sale with $150 mail-in rebate. That saves you tax (> $100), plus $150, which is almost $300 in savings. It almost made me consider buying one, even though I have the MBP on order! That nearly makes up the 500 price diff, unless you were already planning on ordering from there.

Thanks,
    Eric

3. YoYoMac thread starter macrumors regular

YoYoMac

Ok, now can those of you who own a Rev C. 17" iMac G5 please chime in with your throughts on the system. I would like to know if it has any wide spread problems. Thanks in advanced.

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

There are no problems..
    From Apple's website :

# Typical brightness: 250 cd/m (17-inch model); 280 cd/m (20-inch model)
    # Typical contrast ratio: 500:1 (17-inch model); 800:1 (20-inch model)