can someone help me to set-up mldonkey, CocoDonkey etc?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cb911, Sep 3, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i just got CocoDonkey, then i got mldonkey but i can't get CocoDonkey to work. could someone who has it a running give me some help?

2. FatTony macrumors regular

Try here.

plus, this was posted on Version Tracker by a guy named "aplatanao"

I've had luck with the terminal, so I haven't tried the GUIs, yet.

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

is that first link supposed to be to http.com? 'cause it's still under construction...

and another question. do mlodnkey or cocodonkey have to be in the applications foler? i want to put them in a seperate partition from my startup disk, this shouldn't be any problems should it?

4. FatTony macrumors regular

Sorry, I did the link wrong.

I meant here.

As far as using separate partitions with OS X apps...I don't have any experience with that.

5. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

you dont need donkey-o-mat to run edonkey. all you really need is mldonkey, as this package provides a telnet interface, web interface, and x-windows interface (just check out the read me on how to access these). of course, it just wouldnt be as fun without a native osx interface, which is why we have cocodonkey. you can set cocodonkey to launch and terminate the mldonkey file automatically when it starts and quits, so they do not have to be in the same folder, you just have to tell cocodonkey where the "mldonkey" binary is. the package ran great for me for a while, but my computer seems to have huge problems with java apps (or cocoa/java apps in cocodonkey's case) and cocodonkey will not run anymore. i'm hoping that a reformat and clean install of 10.2 will fix this.

1. download mldonkey and unstuff it
    2. download cocodonkey, unstuff it, run it, tell it where the "mldonkey" file is (somewhere in the prefs i believe)
    3. quit cocodonkey and launch it again
    4. this should work, although you may have to do some more fiddling with the prefs.

if all else fails, the web interface works fine