Can someone help me with iMovie HD Video FX? Effect in / effect out...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spaceballl, Mar 2, 2007.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi all,

I can't figure out what time the "effect in" and "effect out" should have... I have a 5 second clip, and i do effect in at 00:01, and 00:04, i get an all black screen with just the audio... shouldn't it fade in at 1 second and fade out at 4? Am I missing something?

2. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

3. Mechnoch macrumors newbie

Mechnoch

I stumbled across your post when I did a google search for this exact thing. Sad that no one responded to your query in 2007.

I found this PeachPit article quite helpful, although it took me a few minutes to figure out that the "crop markers" are those little triangles just below the viewer timeline, and it actually makes no use of the effect in / effect out fields.

Select the desired video effect, set the crop markers to highlight where you'd like the effect to start and stop, click apply. iMovie HD will split the highlighted portion of the video into a new clip and apply the effect.

4. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Your effect length may be longer than what you are using as the fade-in/fade-out points. You may need to find a way to change your effect length to 1 second or 0.5 sec for fade in and the same for fade-out. Been awhile since I have done any serious vid editing, but I hope this helps...

Good Luck,
    -Ward