Can someone please help me: shipping woes.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by CaptainCaveMann, Feb 20, 2005.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

OK so i want to have it shipped to my house but im never home. I dont think fed ex will leave the package at my door. So what do i do?

2. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

can't it be shipped to your work/wherever you are all day ... or you can usually pick it up at a FedEx office (or whatever they're called ... the place you go when they stop trying to deliver it to you and give you a last chance) ... or have it sent to a neighbor

3. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Fed ex office? How do i find one in my area?>

4. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

I don't know, call them or go to their website.

Usually I think you can ask them to leave it at your door, if that's ok with you. The shipper has to specify "no signature required" or something like that. But if this is a computer, maybe that's not the best idea.

5. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

I cant be at home, i have class. I just got off the phone with apple. I guess they send you an e-mail after you order then it gives you a sight you can track your order and find out when and where it was delivered.

6. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

when I was an undergrad there was a specific place on campus to receive packages like this, even if you lived off-campus, run by whoever ran the dorms ... might have just been a weird thing at my college, but it was great in situations like this. We all had PO Boxes so fedex wouldn't ship to those anyway of course. Maybe worth checking at your school ...

Anyway, you have to arrange wtih Apple where this thing is supposed to go. If you want to pick up from a local fedex office, you have to say that. And make sure fedex is ready when you are.

7. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Man this is turning into a pain. The only reason i was ordering bto is for my girlfriend who needs a bigger hd on 12 inch ibook.

8. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

You should be able to have your delivery routed to you/care of
    the school's receiving manager as long as you give Apple or Fed Ex
    the correct information.

9. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

When TNT has unsuccesfully tried delivering things I've ordered from Apple Store (once a poor effort as I actually was home), they've always hung a note on the door with a phone number I can call and arrange a new delivery (or that I just pick it up from their local office).

10. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

This is one complaint I have about Apple. They require a signature for FedEx to deliver.

So I had 2 option:
    1. Sign the tap they leave after the first delivery attempt. But then you package could be setting out all day.

or

2. Pick it up at FedEx. In my case the FedEx location is open 7:00am- 8:30pm weekdays so I had no problem getting there to pick it up.

11. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Usually FedEx will leave a note when they can't deliver the package. It will give you the address to go pick it up. Happened when I ordered my iBook; picked it up the same day. Make sure you call them first to confirm it's still at their office.