Can Someone Post a Link for Virtue Desktops?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sixth, Nov 5, 2006.

1. sixth macrumors 6502

I have been trying to find a link for VirtueDesktops and they are all down, and the development site is down. Any help in finding a working link would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

2. louiek macrumors 6502

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If only it were that easy....VersionTracker just links to the VirtueDesktop site, which is down.

I don't see a mirror for it in a quick search.

4. sixth thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i checked all the usual sites (versiontracker, macupdate) and they all link to their site which has been down for almost 2 weeks now. Been trying to get this program since i got my MB last week....hopefuly something comes back up this week or someone posting something.

5. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

After a quick bit of searching I found that Apple's download page had it, which links to a sourceforge download page. Oddly it can be downloaded this way, but both the main sourceforge page for Virtue and it's homepage that it transfered to a while back seems to be inaccessible.

Apple page with link here.
    Direct to sourceforge here.

EDIT: Ok just checked, it seems to be a slightly older version 0.52r105 (since it seems Virtue stopped uploading to sourceforge a bit ago and now uses their .info website instead for updates), whereas Versiontracker lists the current version as 0.53r220. Version 0.52r105 is a universal binary though so at least it can hold people over until Virtue gets their sites worked out, if they ever do.

6. Squiggy macrumors newbie

http://virtuedesktops.info/ seems to be working now.

EDIT: On a related note, does anybody know how to move applications in between desktops? I haven't figured out how and it's really bugging me.

7. russellc macrumors newbie

in the "triggers" preferences, set a combination to "move application to [direction]" under the "application manipulation" section of the actions you can bind. mind you, this doesn't work all that well. i just set a control for "display window control" and then select a desktop with that, because this method controls the window rather than the application, so apparently it works for me :p

8. Squiggy macrumors newbie

Thank you. That makes things quite a bit easier.