Can someone who runs Reason and Logic rewired tell me...

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Surreal, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Surreal macrumors 6502a

i am about to buy a laptop and i want to hear some opinions about whether or not the extra screen space between the 15 and the 17 would help me enough to merit waiting for the 17" macbook pro. i am trying to convince myself that waiting to at least see what it has is the best way, but the money...it burns us.

and i live in New York, so mobility is a real concern. while a little difference in weight isn't so bad, the extra bulk may be (i know i would be incredibly happy in either case though)

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I run Reason re-wired to Protools on a 17" PowerBook, and the screen size does make a difference, especially with the new screens, I don't find it particularly bulky (I'm pretty big though) but it does get heavy with an interface and a couple of mics in the bag too...

I'll never buy a 15" machine again.

3. Surreal thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you, if you don't mind, what interace/bag(s) do you use? i am looking at the Mobile Io 2882 and am trying to figure out how it will all be carried comfortably. (what's the use of a completely mobile rig if i don't want to carry anywhere? LoL)

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Mostly its an M-box 1 and it all fits into a Brenthaven Pro17 backpack, which is an excellent bag.

I occasionally go out with a MOTU 828 19" rack, and that fits too but is heavy...

As long as the transport is ok I can ship enough kit in 1 bag for most jobs.