can the airport card go in the pc card slot??

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by TaiyoT2, Apr 19, 2003.

1. TaiyoT2 macrumors newbie

2. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

i see no reason to not to belive it. Honestly you can just buy a Wi-Fi card at best buy or somewhere and use it. Most cards have drivers for the Mac. I have no idea where to find them, someone wiser than me should be able to pass that along.

3. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i guess you can then, but obviously you need an aeriel of some sort as the older powerbooks don't have the antenna built in like the "airport ready" machines do.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

An airport card is simply apple's brand of 802.11b interface card, just get one by another company that goes in a PC card slot. Try searching macmall.com, macconnection.com, compusa.com, bestbuy.com... just about any tech store for a mac-compatable wi-fi card...

not really sure what they're showing on the site-- they're selling external antennas but show a 3rd party wifi card in a couple of pics...

btw, a 3rd party wifi card should have a built-in antenna, so you don't *have* to buy an external one... but the range will be better...

pnw

5. TaiyoT2 thread starter macrumors newbie

well...

I guess from the people above, I come to a answer of the airport card can go into the pc card slot. But then again instead of buying the product, i should get a pc card and just use that...

just I think I would want to get the antenna. It sounds like from the description I can get better reception ( i mean maybe more then the pc card ).

i have the money so i just might get the antenna that you can stick to the outside of the computer. I was worried if the airport card will get stuck in the pc card slot.