Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fragrantsound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
I just did the upgrade today to IOS 10 and I have no use for the new home button (or app). In fact it slows down how fast I can turn my phone on and I need to get it on very fast sometimes for work. Is there a way to disable it or at least have my phone turn on the old way and put the home app in the background?
I appreciate any help on this.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
I just did the upgrade today to IOS 10 and I have no use for the new home button (or app). In fact it slows down how fast I can turn my phone on and I need to get it on very fast sometimes for work. Is there a way to disable it or at least have my phone turn on the old way and put the home app in the background?
This is confusing. Are you talking about the Home app for home automation, the home screen where app icons appear, or the hardware home button itself? You mentioned all three.

Reactions: aristobrat

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Home app is for home automation and has nothing to do with the home button.

What new home button are we talking about? The redesigned home button is only on iPhone 7 line of phones.

Are you talking about the unlock method that now uses the home button instead of sliding on the screen? What device are you using?

fragrantsound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Home app is for home automation and has nothing to do with the home button.

What new home button are we talking about? The redesigned home button is only on iPhone 7 line of phones.

Are you talking about the unlock method that now uses the home button instead of sliding on the screen? What device are you using?

Yes, the unlock method that uses the home button instead of sliding the screen. I didn't really know what it was supposed to b called, that's why I
[doublepost=1476151513][/doublepost]Had to change computers. I would like to disable the new unlock method.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes, the unlock method that uses the home button instead of sliding the screen. I didn't really know what it was supposed to b called, that's why I
[doublepost=1476151513][/doublepost]Had to change computers. I would like to disable the new unlock method.

There is no slide to unlock anymore. You can unlock with the home button in 2 ways:

1. push the button once to turn the screen on and then push it again to unlock or
2. Go into settings > General > accessibility > home button and turn on "Rest finger to unlock". If you do this as soon as you press the home button to turn the screen on it will also unlock it.

fragrantsound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
There is no slide to unlock anymore. You can unlock with the home button in 2 ways:

1. push the button once to turn the screen on and then push it again to unlock or
2. Go into settings > General > accessibility > home button and turn on "Rest finger to unlock". If you do this as soon as you press the home button to turn the screen on it will also unlock it.
[doublepost=1476154407][/doublepost]

Thank you so much Armen! That info is so helpful to me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.