can u do this?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mith, Nov 19, 2006.

1. mith macrumors regular

somewhere i read that u could even connect mac's to tv screens , true> if so is there anyway i can connect like my gamecube, to my mac by some adapter and so i can see it on my 24-inch iMac instead of my tv?

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

You need an eyeTV device (or the like). I've looked extensively into this, with an Xbox 360, and have found that there may be a .2 second lag when playing games because the computer processes the image, and that can cause problems while playing.

That is mainly with Xbox / Xbox Live because of it's ultra fast images . You should be fine using the GameCube as long as you get a device that does NOT use Hardware Encoding or a hardware encoding device that doesn't have a game mode.

3. mith thread starter macrumors regular

thx i get that but...

ok u see they say u can connect your mac to a tv, so am guessing adapter, that has those yellow red and white u know that connects to tv,,,,,, , cna't same thing connect to a game cube?

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You seem to be confusing connecting your Mac or a console to a TV (with the TV as the display) with connecting the console to your Mac (with the Mac as your display).

If you want to use your iMac as a display for your GameCube, you will need to use the EyeTV mentioned above, as there are no direct video-in ports on the iMac.

5. hopejr macrumors 6502

There is a dongle that you can get from Apple which has s-video out and composite (yellow) video out on it. It cossts $19.00 US.
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=75A42EE8&nplm=M9319G/A

This is for going from the iMac to the TV. To go the other way, you need eyeTV like the others have said.