Can we all just get along?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by thedude, May 27, 2002.

1. thedude macrumors member

Finally someone said it. Macs are cool but even the pc has utility. I love macs. Been a mac user since the 128. But I found that having the best of both worlds is a great way to go. Sure I can love the mac a whole lot more, and I can curse the pc when it crashes till I'm blue in the face, but in the end, I'm glad that I use both. But there in lies the biggest difference. I "love" my mac. I can only say that my pc is "usefull".

------------------------------------------------------
    G4 450 x2 1gig RAM 120GB SCSI 160 array
    Xeon 1.5 Ghz x2 512 RAM

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Did you mean to post a reply, rather than start a new thread?

In answer to your question though:

NEVER!!! We shall fight to the bitter end, never allowing our guard to be dropped. And in the end, when victory has been achieved, they will proclaim in the streets "never, in the history of computing, has so much been owed by so many, to so few, for saving us from the terror of windows"!

:D :D :D

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

LMAO!! This must be the funniest "middle-man" thread I have ever seen! Some of you are saying that Macs and peeseas should be equal. Others are saying that Macs and peeseas will continue to fight. But most of you know you like Macs better! And this is a Mac formus site!

This is too funny, I'm still laughing...

In my opinion, given the flamethrower division position I have, I will continue to spell it as peeseas, or something like that, and I will always continue to support Macs.

Fear the King.

5. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i'dd like to see mac n pc users just to get along, but its basically impossible, its just like a linux user talking to a windows user about OS's, although they can get along alot easier than mac users vs pc users, they can get into huge arguments easily.
    even some of the teachers/puter techs at school are like "pcs are crap" n stuff like that, even tho all they have for windows on any of the puters is win 95 on vpc, n i have friends n cousins who are into computers n theyre all like "macs suck alot" n stuff like that, i agree kinda for that cuz the ones at our school arent even near good quality, any mac made with atleast 64 mb of ram is good quality :D (n i dont like using macs with 16 megs of ram cuz they take a while to load appz like clarisworks)

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

useless thread...

sorry...but it's true...

we've already established the fact that there is a use for peecees in the world...

what do u think the whole Anti-Zealot Campaign was about? :D :eek:

7. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

yeah.. its really true.. what thedude said...

my pc is more like a tool.. its not nice lookin or anything, i jus hafta use it sometimes.. its not that theyre equal, you jus need bith sometimes...

my mac, on the other hand, is like a piece of art, something beautiful, something that is cool to use.

cheers to apple!...

8. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

While some peecee's are tools, many peecee users are tools :D.

I have both a wonderful rev. c TiBook and a game peecee that I built. I'll be damned if I am going to pay any money to the peecee makers out there. Especially since they toss whatever they feel is 'good' hardware, or acceptable to them. I am VERY picky about my hardware and refuse to have any inferior hardware or systems. THAT is why I BUY Mac systems, and build peecee's.

Hey KC... I still have all the command codes, so no premature launching there. :D

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

All right then. So if someone blabbers your mouth about a peesea and you are busy, should I still wait for your commands? Or can I steal those codes? :D

Fear the King.

10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

For now, the command codes are secreted away in a place where no one else can get to them. I need to make sure you don't go off cocked on people with the big guns. You can use the terran based weapons all you like, but the orbital station is under my command, at least for now. I just need to make sure that you don't hit the wrong targets.

11. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

why do you say "peesea" i thought the convention was "peecee"

anyways... on another note... why are you getting so worked up over these things... don't take all the fun out of the forums... some things are posted in jest... as noted by your favorite little pic: :)

12. King Cobra macrumors 603

Simply put: Change is sometimes not a bad thing. I need to find different things to call PCs, M$, and a few others. If you want me to use peecee I will.

Fear the King.

13. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Agreed about the peecee/pc correlation.

I TRY to not get toooo pissed off, but there are times that the level of stupidity just screams out for getting beaten. I almost always give the target a way to avoid the hit. Unfortunately (for them) most do not realize that until it is too late. Oh well. :D

14. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

nah... i was just confused... i saw peecee & peesea and didn't know what the 'correct' one was

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

There's no way that PCs will go away anytime soon, we have to accept that they are useful in a lot of ways (I've actually seen someone programming on one once).

But seriously, why does this subject keep coming up? Sure Macs are better at somethings, and definitely much more stylish, but that doesn't mean the PCs suck at everything they do. There is a lot of really good software written for PCs that aren't available for Macs and that's a really sad thing, but its the way it is. I'm a diehard mac fan, btw, and I'll not be buying a PC if I can help it, but I'll still respect what people produce, regardless of the platform and operating system they're using.

16. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I think there are some bored people that just thrive on resurrecting old topics...

plain & simple... :rolleyes:

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Actually I could have answered my own question but I just wanted to rant. It happens because new people come along and tend to ask some of the same questions over and over again. This might be the 3rd or 4th iteration since I've been here. And it was the reason for the whole Anti-Zealot campaign. Seems it might need to be resurrected if this continues.:D

18. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

well...if u say the word...it will be "dukestreet's Anti-Zealot Campaign"...

spikey's gone... ;)

19. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Noooo! Not me, never. AlphaTech would stage a coup!

Actually, I'll stick to "Spreading Peace of Mouth", that's always been my Campaign and leave the zealot hunting to others better armed. Alpha and Mischief will cause more than enough havoc along with their minions, they don't need me.

20. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Muahahahahahahaahaaa... I know my reputation precedes me :D

I haven't called for the campaign/coup to begin as of yet... maybe at some point in the future I will. Of course, I will attempt to get eyelikeart in my camp (always good to have a moderator on your side) :D

21. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i'm back from the temporarly dead... (cuz i said so :p), i'm sick n tired of pcs, just half an hr ago i tried installing something on winbloze 98 (winlinux 2001), and guess what! it doesnt work! (of course)...
    i think the worst thing (error) i ever did on a mac was accidently doing something to netscape 4 that caused netscape n ie to get whiped of the computer some how n for a peecee, trying to install linux n it whiping my whole drive lol

in my opinion, macs are better, even tho my friends are all like "u can build a 1337 computer for the same amount as a mac", on a mac, u dont really have to bother with antiviruses since theres very few viruses out there that affects macs, while on windows, i've bumped into viruses atleast a couple times b4, one of them was very deadly for the peecee, n others were just not that bad, never open emails from ppl u dont know ;) jk