Can we get some Apple LCD TV's?.... please!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nsutt22, Jun 28, 2006.

1. nsutt22 macrumors regular

nsutt22

There may already be a thread about this subject but i did search so oops if i missed it. But I think it would be really sweet if Apple woud start making some TV's to go with the sweet displays. Anybody know about a possiblity?

2. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

I absolutely agree. I own a Samsung 910MP, a 19" LCD TV, and I would love it if apple sold a similar product in widescreen! I would sell this and get that in a second!

Although, It's looking like I'm going to sell my samsung and get a Cinema Display, because I just don't watch much TV, so the better quality and resolution of the CD is more up my alley.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

There are two things Apple hates, one is the Tv. Jobs has commented on this before its why a Tv tuner for Mac cost $150-200 while in PC land 10 or 20 bucks! The other is the gamer, notice in the new commercials the Mac dude mentions all the fun he has with his Mac but doesnt mention gaming? huh:confused: Then the PC guy forgets games and starts talking charts.

4. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

Ads for Mac not a PC.... thats why :)

Regardless.. mac runs windows mr. pc. :D

5. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I don't see what Apple would have to gain from trying to enter a market that is already well catered for, with entrenched brands such as Sony, Philips, Samsung etc.
    While they would be pretty, what would they do for the bottom line? Drag it down most likely, unless they included a Mac Mini type processor built into the TV and sold them as media centres - but that's a way off yet and would be no certainty to succeed anyway.

6. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

What the ACDs need is not a TV tuner but rather the same offering of inputs that the Dell LCDs have: VGA, DVI, S-Video, & Composite. It's easy enough to hook up ones digital cable box, Tivo, or satellite receiver to the LCD via Composite or S-Video.

7. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

has anyone tried a 23" ACD with a DVI-HDMI cable connected to a HDTV tuner?

8. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

Agreed. I didn't think of it that way, thanks for bringing up that point. On the other hand, I do agree with dongmin as well...

This was more along the line of what I meant, muliple inputs and a simple method of switching between them via a source button on a remote. I want to be able to have one single screen for every thing I do, Xbox, Cablebox(maybe), and maybe even hook up a friends camcorder to quicky watch movies he shot, without having to take time loading up imovie or similar.

9. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

Ok, so that was six months ago. Where are they?