Can Windows be removed without Bootcamp? Fairly urgent help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by media44, Oct 13, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Okay so first off yes this is fairly urget as I keep getting messages I'm almost out of disk space and having to delete things I don't really want to be deleting.

I'm running Mac OSX 10.4.10 and installed Windows back with Bootcamp Beta about 3 1/2 years ago now. I'm currently overseas in a third world country with no Mac store in the country.

When I tried to get rid of Windows to get back space since I really don't use it anymore (got it for AutoCAD back when I was in Uni) my Bootcamp says its Expired. Meanwhile I went online to find a working version and it seems none exists for 10.4.10 so did the fine folks at Mac really **** me over and leave me stuck with Windows or can I get rid of it somehow.

Oh and by get rid of I mean get rid of it without losing my Mac side.

Thanks for help.

2. macrumors 6502

simple.
    Fire up Disk Utility, choose your main hard-drive [1], and hit the partition tab.[2]

choose the bootcamp partition [3] and the '-' button [4]
    accept the warning, this will erase the partition and make it free space.
    next, drag the corner of the Macintosh HD partition down to the bottom, and hit apply.

[​IMG]

3. macrumors 68020

gugucom

He is on Tiger. The variable partitioning will not work there!

In an emergency like that you may re enable Bootcamp 1.3 or 1.4 beta by turning your system clock back. I believe it was ending in 2006. So you have to go back to that date and it will work again.