can xbox live go backwards (360 to xbox)

Discussion in 'Games' started by stagecustom, Oct 25, 2006.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

hey guys, one question, i looked and couldn't find this anywhere. Can i play xbox live (on my 360) say NHL 07 with someone who has NHL 07 on regular xbox with xbox live running? is it possible to add there gamer tag or w.e to my list on live and talk/play with them even though they don't have 360, is this restricted to only some games or any games on 360 work with the ones on xbox if there out for both of the systems?

if so ill buy live 40$ on ebay brand new 13 month.Thanks!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

yes :) & no :(

as long as the game you are playing is the xbox version

For example, Halo 2 on the 360 via live against Halo 2 on the Xbox via live.
    then Yes :D

But if you are talking about seperate versions of the game
    NHL 07 (Xbox 360) and NHL 07 (Xbox) then NO :eek:

3. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

really? that sucks, so just games of the same system/console? so only 360-360 and xbox-xbox? so when im on live im only playing with ppl who have a 360? wow.
    :eek:

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well put it this way, you have to look at them as completely seperate systems. Just as you cant play ps2 players online with your xbox.

Microsoft are looking to resolve this with Play Anywhere. So pc users on Vista will be able to play against Xbox 360 owners.

5. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Well, somewhat... XBox-360 works if the 360 is running the XBox game. But otherwise, yeah.