Can you access the mail page on me.com ?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by retrospek, Jul 13, 2008.

?

Can you access the Mail page on me.com ?

1. Yes - I have access to the mail page on me.com

36 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No - I cannot access the mail page on me.com

32 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. macrumors 6502

retrospek

Since yesterday I've had problems accessing the mail page on me.com.

When I try and go to the page I just get a 'loading' page and nothing else. I can access all of the other pages (contacts etc.) but not the mail page. I've now tried Safari, Firefox and IE on the PC but it just wont let me in to the mail app.

Can anyone on here access the mail page ? on me.com ?

2. macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

search and you will see, that something is wrong with mobileme.

i can get into every section except for mail. not to big of a deal, my mail is being pushed to my phone or i can check it on my desktop app. but it should still work as advertised.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

retrospek

But it seems to be working for some people which is why I can't understand why it isn't working for all of us..

4. macrumors 68040

mine works fine..

actually, as soon as i log in to mobile me web interface, it defaults to the mail application..

a few days ago it defaulted to the account application (which i thought was a bit weird)..

5. macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

the funny thing is, when mm first came online and i was lucky enough to get in for a few minutes, i could get into my mail. now that i can get mm up reliably, i cant get into the mail.

anyways, ive been over to the official apple forums (or as they call it, discussions) and its on there also, so im sure apple knows about. and will start working on in first thing monday when they get back to work. thats a bit of the sarcasm, im sure they will be working all weekend.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

retrospek

So currently it looks like it isn't working for approx. 50% of the people..

7. macrumors 603

wordmunger

Works for me. It worked yesterday too. I hadn't tried before then.

8. macrumors 601

Has been working for me since Saturday morning (UK time).

Account and Profile etc are still dodgy though.

9. macrumors regular

It WAS working for me yesterday - but not today. I cannot access the Account page either - the thing just goes round and it says "loading" - I can access contacts and calendar though.

I do hope they manage to sort all this soon.

10. macrumors member

When I log in, it tells me my login in is invalid. I've reset my passwords like 8 times!

11. macrumors newbie

Right now, from Safari and Firefox me.com goes into an infinite loop of authenticating and reloading no matter what section I try to look at. Interestingly, yesterday I used Prism to make a standalone web app of me.com, and that's still working.

12. macrumors 6502a

corinhorn

I know in this instant gratification world we are living in these words are not the best to hear: be patient. When Leopard came out in October of last year, I was having mega issues with the service formerly known as .Mac. It took a few weeks to get the kinks worked out. MobileMe is a revamp and the inclusion of iPhones and PCs is a rather big undertaking. Give it a week or two. I know, I paid $99 for it two, but 2 weeks is equal to $3.79. So if after 2 weeks, when everything is hopefully going to be working properly, you can always try to get that $3.79 back. **** happens, I don't like it either.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

retrospek

Maybe we all connect to different servers at the backend which is why the mail page is working for some people.

I just hope Apple are aware of this issue.. as I've had the problem over 24 hours now !

14. macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

i would hazard i guess and say apple knows. as a matter of fact, i would be willing to put money on it. its not like there are only a few people having these problems.

15. macrumors newbie

MoonDogg

First Mail was the only thing that worked for me ... now its the only thing that don't work.... :confused: hope they fix it soon...

16. macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I was on this a.m. with my MBP and no problem. Tried to get to it with my iPod touch and I get an info page for iPhone. www.me.com/iPhone_welcome

17. macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I'm now just getting a blank white page on the Mail page, rather than the spinning wheel. Perhaps that is a sign of progress?

18. macrumors newbie

MoonDogg

I am getting the same thing.... I also sent an e-mail to support wonder what they are going to tell me. :D

19. macrumors newbie

I can get to it, and send mail from it, provided I know the recipient's address by memory, because auto-complete doesn't work nor can I access my address book from within the mail page by clicking on the address book icon. I get a message saying 'contacts are not available.. sorry for any inconvenience, blah, blah, blah..."

20. macrumors 6502a

in the Apple MobileMe discussions board, there are lots of threads about this. One user posted this series of steps, which prove that Apples servers are having issues (but i think we kinda figured that one out already lol), so it will eventually start working. This is what he said....

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1602550&tstart=0

21. macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

My stats teacher would kick you in the face! Don't you think that people who are having problems with MobileMe mail would be more likely to reply to this thread?

22. thread starter macrumors 6502

retrospek

23. macrumors newbie

MoonDogg

Everything else works but mail.. but get this. if I am looking at say my calender or account info... the icon for the mail changes letting me know I have unread messages... but when I click on it... it goes back to just the envelope and a blank white screen no... "loading" or anything.... anyone else getting this?

24. macrumors newbie

MoonDogg

OH check this out... I just found that if I go to my contacts and click on an e-mail address it brings up the window to send a new message. Well I sent a msg to my work e-mail address and it worked... so the web mail is working halfway... now if I can only see my mail..... :cool: and then I replied to it and the number went up on my unread msg's icon but still can't see them when I click on it....

25. thread starter macrumors 6502

retrospek

I find it incredible that Apple still hasn't fixed this problem. :mad: