Can you burn the itunes movies to dvd?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VoodooDaddy, Sep 13, 2006.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Sorry if its been covered but I went through 4 pages and didn't see this asked. This morning I looked at the new movie section and saw most come in around 1.3gb or so, which seems too small to burn to dvd with any amount of quality.

So are these movie downloads strictly for ipods? If so, I just can't see spending $10-13 to do this.

2. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

no you cannot burn them to dvd (only to backup the file)

but sometime next year, for $300+ you'll be able to stream it to your tv!

isn't that wonderful?

for now just watch it on your computer, or laptop, or ipod.

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

You can watch them on your computer too. So they are not just for the iPod, but it will be nice to be able to watch them on our tv's next year.

4. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

I downloaded a movie last night to check it out and plugged it into my tv with my dock and cable adapter. It actually looked really good, I used to do the same with TV shows (or plug the dock into my projector) but the quality of the tv shows was pretty bad. Much, much better quality now. I think I will just keep doing it this way, not a huge benefit to get the iTV when it comes out.

5. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

I figured it would work with the iTV, where you could playback on your tv like a windows media center computer. I never had the media center edition of xp so that'll be a cool feature. Can't wait til it comes out.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well, in my opinion you should be able to make a copy to a dvd. Selling blah blah I get it. But in the end, for $12.99 for some new releases I am pleased. I am going to buy one today I think, plug my powerbook into my hd tv via dvi and see what happens. The tv is 65" so we'll see how yummy if at all it is. If it is, I'll do this. I didn't know much about itv when I said it was worthless, but it is looking better and better.
    itv plus movies, what i save in movies will eventually pay the itv off and then all will be well.
    Sure I won't have a physical copy (give some 12 year time over next summer break to build some app that works) but that is ok. I am running out of space anyway. So long as I can backup that is all I care about.
    Losing a $13 movie would suck more than losing a 99 cent song.

7. KenY909 macrumors newbie

So wrong

You can just buy a cable from the Apple Store or store.apple.com that connects your mac to your television for about $19.99. The quality is excellent! Have you ever noticed the port on the back of an iMac(desktop) that has a picture of a tv screen next to it?