Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CptGabok

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles
Essentially, I've been told I can only sign up for the iUP program in-store, but the iPhone Plus 128GB Black is currently listed as shipping in 3-4 weeks.

So, I'm wondering if I can go in store and still buy it, despite there not being any in-stock.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
You certainly can go in as a walk-in customer. If they have it available in stock, you certainly should be able to buy one without being an iUP customer.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Yes. You only have to go in store since it is your first time doing the IUP and they need a credit card. Next year you could do it all online.

CptGabok

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles
Yes. You only have to go in store since it is your first time doing the IUP and they need a credit card. Next year you could do it all online.
Cool. So even if they don't have the phone in-stock at that moment I can order one to be shipped when they're available?

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
It was my first time doing IUP and I haven't gone into the store yet... ordered online, signed up for IUP, got my 7+ on Saturday (picked it up this morning from the UPS Store).

There's no reason you can't sign up for IUP online and wait for it to be shipped to you

Reactions: CptGabok

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Oh, you certainly can sign up for iUP online. IF you do it online, your bill won't start until the phone ships.

Reactions: CptGabok

CptGabok

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles
Unfortunately, Citizens One has had inexplicable trouble signing me up for the program because they couldn't verify my information. They're finally acknowledging their mistake, but they say the only way for me to sign up right now is to buy an iPhone in-store. Otherwise I have to wait 30 days to be able to apply online again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.