Can you forward @me.com email to Gmail account?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Matthew9559, Mar 21, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

For instance, I can go to Gmail and choose forward to.... "myusername@me.com" so then I get a copy in me me.com email. It's great!

Can I do that exact same thing but from @me.com to @gmail.com???

Thanks!

2. macrumors 68000

tersono

The easiest way is to set up your .me account as an external POP account in gmail. Gmail will then check your .me account periodically and download emails accordingly.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Thanks for the reply. I see the option. Unfortunately, I am getting errors while trying to connect to the smtp.me.com server. Also, not sure which port to choose. Trying them all.

Oh well, hopefully it will work tomorrow. This is exactly what I was looking for!

For others, it's located under Settings > Accounts and Import.

Attached Files:

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Yeah, I tried all of the options (smtp.me.com vs mail.me.com) and all of the ports listed... just errors out every time.

Any idea what settings should work?

5. macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

In the mail preferences in MobileMe there is the option to forward mail to another address. Can choose whether to delete it or keep it in MobileMe after forwarding.

6. macrumors newbie

You now log onto your icloud account. Using the link below will take you straight to your email preferences where in General you can "forward' your .me account to another email address.

https://www.icloud.com/#mail/prefs-addresses