Can you get a BTO ibook in an apple store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rosalindavenue, Aug 3, 2005.

1. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

Dec 13, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    I'm going to get a new 12" ibook the minute my wife says I can spend the money. I'd rather pick it up at a store if possible. However, I also want a 60 gig hard drive. A year or so ago, in either the Tysons or the Bethesda store, I thought the store had a few ibooks in stock with larger hard drives-- kind of a "pre-built BTO" with a simple and predictable upgrade. Am I imagining things? Do I just need to order online? Thanks--
  2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    an apple store once told me that i'd have to order online... buti've heard conflicting reports from other buyers...
  3. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

Mar 7, 2005
    order online - pick up from store

You may want to check, but I think you can order online and pick it up from your local store.
  4. Legacy macrumors 6502

Jul 27, 2005
    I went to the Regent Street Apple store in the cant order BTO machines through the store..i THINK you can order online/telephone and ask for a store delivery..but im not sure..

I know for deff.. you cannot order it directly through the store..which bugged me the most!!