Can you get a BTO ibook in an apple store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rosalindavenue, Aug 3, 2005.

1. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I'm going to get a new 12" ibook the minute my wife says I can spend the money. I'd rather pick it up at a store if possible. However, I also want a 60 gig hard drive. A year or so ago, in either the Tysons or the Bethesda store, I thought the store had a few ibooks in stock with larger hard drives-- kind of a "pre-built BTO" with a simple and predictable upgrade. Am I imagining things? Do I just need to order online? Thanks--

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

an apple store once told me that i'd have to order online... buti've heard conflicting reports from other buyers...

3. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

order online - pick up from store

You may want to check, but I think you can order online and pick it up from your local store.

4. Legacy macrumors 6502

I went to the Regent Street Apple store in the UK...you cant order BTO machines through the store..i THINK you can order online/telephone and ask for a store delivery..but im not sure..

I know for deff.. you cannot order it directly through the store..which bugged me the most!!

Regards