1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Can you gift me one song?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by viperguy, Nov 3, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

iTunes won't stop asking me for a credit card on my account, which I don't have. If someone gifts me only one single song, people say that iTunes will stop asking for it and I will be able to dl the free stuff from there.
    So, any santa claws here? :)

2. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You mean like her?

Attached Files:

3. macrumors 6502

Nah, you got what I meant :p

4. macrumors 68000

njmac

these people, are they friends? Ask one of them, then the next time you see him/her give 'em a buck (and a thank you)

5. macrumors regular

Just have someone gift you the free single of the week (you have to go through the album page). I can't because you need a credit card to send gifts (even free ones).

6. macrumors regular

Priceless. wear's that spel chequer?

Maybe she's who your looking for:

7. macrumors 6502

Err... So anyone willing to help?
    Got no friends with iTunes and I don't have CC.

8. macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Well then I guess you shouldn't use iTMS.

9. macrumors 6502

Argh I give up.
    Only get helpless answers.
    Bye.

10. macrumors 603

solvs

Well... I don't know what you expected.

11. macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Do what my son did, go to Target and buy an iTunes card instead of a CD next time. Now he can download all the free stuff as well as his $15 credit on the card.

12. macrumors regular

That's the best option, even if you have a credit card, I think. I just use that and can get another whenever I need one. I don't have to worry about checking a credit card bill for iTMS purchases too. Also, I usually buy one song every two weeks, so I'd have a lot of $.99 charge :D

Anyhow, as long as you have some method of payment, it lets you buy

13. macrumors 601

ITASOR

I connected my PayPal account to iTMS so I could get the free stuff/easily buy songs. Do you happen to have a PayPal account?

14. macrumors 65816

m-dogg

That will work? My (older) brother has been intersted in using the iTMS, but he is completely paranoid about using a credit card online. In the past I told him he was screwed if he wasn't willing to enter his credit card info...

15. macrumors 65816

joecool85

I'll gift you a song, PM me about it and we'll figure out what one you want/how to do it...I've never done it before but I'm up for it.